FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Apes Erect 2,001 Pound Steel Monolith at DEA’s Headquarters
Unconventional Protest Decries Government Agency That Has Prevented Research Into the Therapeutic Uses of Many Natural Plants & Substances While Continuing Heavy Handed Swat Raids on Americans Citizens
ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – Today the community group District of Columbia Marijuana Justice (“DCMJ”) learned that a group calling itself “Anonymous Apes” are celebrating in protest the arrival of a mysterious metal monolith standing nine feet and weighing over 2,000 pounds outside of the Drug Enforcement Administration’s (“DEA”) headquarters in Arlington, Virginia. The criminal justice and drug policy reform activists who wheeled the full size 2001: Space Odyssey monolith replica dressed as apes to prevent police retaliation and because it looks even cooler. The Anonymous Apes provided DCMJ the following statement about why they visited the DEA:
THE DRUG ENFORCEMENT ADMINISTRATION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE HAS FAILED THE AMERICAN PEOPLE FOR TOO LONG. THIS MONOLITH OF GOVERNMENT OPPRESSION HAS IMPRISONED 10’S OF MILLIONS OF AMERICAN CITIZENS FOR SEEKING HEALING RELIEF WITH NATURAL SUBSTANCES. THE DEA, MUCH LIKE A FLOPPY DISC OR VHS TAPE, MUST INNOVATE TO REPRESENT CURRENT SCIENCE AROUND PLANT MEDICINES AND END ITS LOPSIDED ENFORCEMENT PRACTICES WHICH DISPROPORTIONATELY AFFECT PEOPLE OF COLOR. WE BELIEVE THIS MONOLITH HAS ARRIVED TO GUIDE US TO A BETTER FUTURE, AND JOINS WITH US TO DEMAND THAT THE DEA BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE FOR:
- SUPPORTING “NO-KNOCK” RAIDS THAT HAVE KILLED INNOCENT AMERICANS LIKE BREONNA TAYLOR
- ADVANCING CIVIL ASSET FORFEITURE OF INNOCENT AMERICANS FOR COMMITTING NO CRIMES WHATSOEVER
- ARMING LOCAL POLICE FORCES WITH MILITARY WEAPONRY
- PREVENTING RESEARCH INTO NUMEROUS LIFE-SAVING NATURAL SUBSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: CANNABIS, MESCALINE, IBOGA, AYAHUASCA, AND PSILOCYBIN
- ADVOCATING INCARCERATION INSTEAD OF TREATMENT & REHABILITATION
- PROVIDING AN INDIRECT “PRICE SUPPORT” THROUGH THE PROHIBITION< DERIVED “RISK PREMIUM” WHICH TRANSFORMS RELATIVELY WORTHLESS PLANTS AND CHEMICALS INTO ASTRONOMICALLY MORE VALUABLE COMMODITIES THAT CAN DESTABILIZE COUNTRIES AND FUND WARS
WE DEMAND THAT THE MONOLITH OF THE WAR ON DRUGS COMES DOWN, RECORDS ARE EXPUNGED AND CLEMANCY IS GIVEN NOW! APES TOGETHER STRONG!
DCMJ condemns the contemporary policies of the DEA, which stymy research, development, and the full legalization of the cannabis plant. Former presidents of the United States of America lawfully grew cannabis and it is anathema that American citizens are presently prevented from doing so without onerous licenses and red tape due to the DEA’s monolithic presence in drug policy. DCMJ supports these demands and calls upon the Joseph Biden administration to right the wrongs put in place by the DEA while he was a member of Congress.