You are cordially invited to join DCMJ for the inaugural #Trump420 taking place on January 20, 2017 in Washington, DC!
We will gather on the west side of Dupont Circle at 8am for coffee & tea and parade down to the National Mall at 10am. Along the way we’ll hand out 4,200 joints of legally grown cannabis! At 4 minutes and 20 seconds into President Trump’s speech we’ll light up! (unless President Trump comes out now in support of full cannabis legalization in all 50 States and DC!)
We legalized cannabis in Washington, DC and we are not going to let anyone take that away from us! This is an outreach opportunity to show President Trump’s supporters we are the marijuana majority! Join us for smokin’ fun time!
Invite your friends and spread the word! Click here to RSVP on Facebook!
• Bring your ID! If you look under 25, you will likely be carded by a volunteer. Only adults 21 or older can possess cannabis in Washington, DC.
• There will be upwards of 50 to 100 different people distributing joints, not just one person. Do not carry more than 2 ounces of cannabis on you or you risk arrest!
• If you have cannabis that you have grown at home, please roll it up into joints and bring it! You can tell people the strain, growing medium, etc.
• This is 100% volunteer event. Please sign up to help out above.
• Absolutely no money should change hands. It is illegal in DC to accept any form of money for cannabis, even a donation. You can read Initiative 71 here: http://dcmj.org/ballot-initiative/
• The consumption of cannabis (aka smoking) is illegal in public in Washington, DC. Those who choose to consume cannabis are engaging non-violent civil disobedience and may be arrested.
• Possession of cannabis on federal land (like the National Mall) is illegal. Those who choose to possess cannabis on federal land are engaging non-violent civil disobedience and may be arrested.
• This event is not a party but a demonstration. We hope to demonstrate that President-Elect Trump has the power to fully legalize cannabis throughout America!
• Dress extremely warm! Bring hand & foot warmers and wear multiple layers of clothing. The Inauguration in Washington, DC often takes place when temperatures are below freezing!
• The nearest Metro station is Dupont Circle (Red Line). If you are coming from out of town, it is easier to park outside of DC and take Metro into the city. Trying to find parking on January 20 will be difficult. More Metro info is at: http://www.wmata.com
More updates will be added closer to the event!